Welcome to episode 59. Today I have David Priemer joining me.
Like most of us, David Priemer never thought he’d end up in sales! He started his career tinkering with test tubes and differential equations as an award-winning research scientist before spending the next 20 years leading top-performing sales teams at high-growth technology companies including Salesforce, where he was the Vice President of Commercial Sales and creator of the Sales Leadership Academy program.
Today, as the Founder and Chief Sales Scientist of Cerebral Selling, David’s unique science and empathy-based approaches to driving revenue and talent growth have been published in the Harvard Business Review as well as Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Inc. magazines. Often referred to as the “Sales Professor”, David is also the author of the Bestselling book, Sell The Way You Buy, and an Adjunct Lecturer at the Smith School of Business at Queen’s University and the London Business School.
David holds a B.Sc. in Chemistry and Atmospheric Science from York University and a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Toronto. When he’s not thinking about Sales, David loves to cook, write, and spend quality family time with his wife and three daughters.
On this episode, David and I talk about his book and why he wrote it. We talk about the emotional side of selling and how part of connecting with people is anchoring your emotional system on what you believe
Specifically, here’s what you will learn:
- What is unconscious selling?
- What are some things that we were doing that we shouldn’t be? and how can we replace it with something that’s actually more productive and conducive to the real way of selling?
- How people don’t often not choose to go to the competition. There are other things that happened that had them make that decision
- How the new battleground is attention, not product differentiation.
- How do you fall in love with your offer? And how do we get our clients or customers to care that much that they’re willing to do the work to make the change?
- How to lead with a belief statement and why it’s important
- Why it’s important to get our clients to tell us what was most valuable
- How do we self manage ourselves in those moments of selling from fear?
Ready to learn more? Tune in!
P.S: Let’s talk! Do you want a free coaching call with me?
If you’re a coach, consultant, or course creator that:
- Wants to build a business but doesn’t know how to sell yourself or your work.
- Is struggling to connect with ideal clients or close the sales you need to generate the revenue you want.
- Wants to stop feeling overwhelmed with busy work and can’t find the time to focus on the high value strategic work you need to be doing
- Struggles to put a price on the value you bring
Then you’re in the right place!
Let’s connect to find a way for you to earn more profit, reach more clients and make a bigger impact. Book a time with me today here: www.finkainc.com/discoverycall
If you have a specific question or topic, you’d like me to talk about on the podcast I want to hear from you. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to share it with me.
And if you enjoyed this episode, please pass it along to a friend or colleague that would also benefit from learning to Sell From Love.