Have you ever wondered why you reacted and communicated in a certain way during a situation? Maybe you’ve also questioned the motivations behind employees’, mangers’, clients’, and family’s behaviours. Well, in episode 136, may all (or most of) your questions be answered.
In this episode of the Transformational Selling™ Podcast, Steven Kessler joins me to discuss the five personality patterns, based on his book: The 5 Personality Patterns: Your Guide to Understanding Yourself and Others and Developing Emotional Maturity.
With almost 40 years of psychotherapy experience, Steven Kessler has meticulously studied human behaviours, allowing him to create a personality map that helps people not only understand one another on a deeper level, but communicate more effectively.
From finding out which of the five personality patterns you resonate with, to scratching the surface of your safety strategy, stabilizing attention strategy, and energy class, you’ll leave this episode feeling more self-aware of why you behave the way you do and how you can best behave around others.
Specifically, here’s what you will learn:
- What Enneagram is.
- What the five personality patterns are and how they can appear in everyday life.
- How personality patterns handle distress differently.
- The importance of stabilizing your attention and how it can be practiced depending on your personality pattern.
- How everyone has a different energy class, and how to align yours with others’ to create effective conversations.
- The power of being aware of how people prefer to be approached.
Connect With Steven
My latest book, Transformational Selling: A Playbook for Financial Professionals, is now available on Amazon! Click here to buy.
If you have a specific question or topic, you’d like me to talk about on the podcast I want to hear from you. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to share it with me.
And if you enjoyed this episode, please rate and review us on iTunes and pass it along to a friend or colleague that would also benefit from learning about Transformational Selling.